- County Executive Marc Elrich, Montgomery County
- Floyd Holt, Office of Prince George’s County Executive
- Mike Madden, MDOT Maryland Transit Administration
- Fred Craig, Purple Line Transit Partners
- Celeste James, Kaiser Permanente
- David Bowers, Enterprise Community Partners
- Gerrit Knaap, National Center for Smart Growth, UMD
The Purple Line Corridor Coalition (PLCC) is a program of the National Center for Smart Growth (NCSG) working to ensure that investments in the MTA’s planned light rail, the Purple Line, will offer the maximum economic, social, and environmental opportunities to the residents and businesses along the corridor. The PLCC is made up of for-profit, nonprofit, political, and community stakeholders across Montgomery County and Prince George’s County.
If planners don’t address this context, they are bound to reinforce the effects of discriminatory land-use practices and perpetuate inequitable health outcomes in the very communities they are charged with serving.